Friday, March 6, 2009

FUN? In the Snow and Emmy's Point of View

Last night after dinner the girls and I went outside to build snowmen in the front yard (the only bit of snow on our property that hasn't been trampled down!) Great plan... it was all good. Until I stepped out of the house forgetting that the temperature had dropped back below freezing and had turned one section of our sidewalk into a skating rink! Man did I go down hard! After I got over being mad at myself and just a bit irritated Jon helped get out the ice melt and we got that taken care of.
You'd think I would have learned my lesson. But, I was busy getting the snowman started and not paying attention and hit the same patch of ice again - Bam - fall #2! So I crawled over to Emmy and half-moaning, half-laughing, said, "Emmy, I am just getting too old!" She just looked at me and said, "It's ok Mommy. You can just go to heaven," and then she was back to working on the snowman. I laughed so hard! I may be getting old and I've always always always been clumsy, but let's hold out a little longer on a trip to heaven!

So - after a couple of falls and an hour in the snow.... here is our snowman family. We finished up just before it was too dark to see anything anymore.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SWEET - the kelli we know and love in action! way to go big sis.

Good job on the snowmen, Bria and Emmy.

Tabbi

Kelli said...

the world would probably stop spinning on it's axis if I suddenly developed some sort of athletic grace...... once a klutz....forever and always a klutz!

Luann said...

You come by it naturally...sorry about that! The snowmen are awesome, girls...great job!
But I do think Kelli will be waiting a very long time for that trip, Emmy!!