Thursday, March 5, 2009

A "Fresh" Start Just Around the Corner

I know I'm not the only one experiencing cabin/spring fever. The winter started out cold and fast up here and it feels like it will never end. Everyone's a bit on edge and the kids have a low tolerance for pretty much everything.
All of that to say.... it can't remain winter forever. Spring has to come. Even today as I was loading up 5 kids into the van after picking up Emmy from preschool I actually had to tell the kids to stay out of the mud - and that almost made me happy. Crazy... I know. But we haven't seen mud since last Fall!

It will be so good to see grass poking through hopefully before too long. We were outside yesterday morning playing in the backyard and I just kept thinking, "this snow is still so deep!" The backyard is completely hard-packed snow since the kids and dog have been tracking around on it all winter, but it's still a solid 8-10 inches of hard pack deep. That's going to take a while to melt. But eventually it will be warm again, the grass will be green, we'll see leaves on the trees and flowers in the yards. We just have to hang on!

1 comment:

Luann said...

I like your picture!! Hang on it's coming!