Friday, January 9, 2009

To Play in the Snow. . . .

I've said it before, I'll say it again. . . . we love snow and it's a good thing! Even Bailey this winter has embraced playing in the snow with a passion. A couple of weeks ago she found her favorite green toy buried under all the snow and now her greatest delight is to throw it in the snow, hiding it, and then to dig it up again. .. . how great is it to be able to dig and not get in trouble!
And we got a snow fort dug out for the kids in the backyard, which will continue to grow more impressive since we have a lot of winter left!
I really don't know what I'd do if we lived somewhere warm all year. (other than have a really great tan!) The cold and the snow are great - it's a good excuse to curl up in a big cozy blanket, wear silly looking stockings hats, mismatched gloves, and warm scarves, and who can resist building a snowman or a snowfort or snow angels . . . . You just gotta love the snow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You people are crazy. Crazy crazy crazy. Tabs

Luann said...

I love you!!

Kelli said...

Hey, it takes all kinds!

Anonymous said...

Snow angels...hmmmm. I seem to have some memories of snow angels. =)

Our4Monkeys said...

I'm glad it's you that lives up there and not me! =) You need to come down here and take my kids out to play in the snow--you can teach them that it is actually fun! ;)