Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Teeth #5 and #6 and The Flu Bug

Emmy was so excited to head to preschool this morning so she could show her friends the big gaping hole in her mouth! Saturday she and Bria managed to knock out tooth #5 and this morning tooth #6 came out as well. So, our little Miss Emmy, who is just 5, has now lost 6 teeth! I think she's trying to keep up with her cousin, Tre! I'm not surprised her teeth are coming out so fast considering they all came in so fast when she was a baby. She had 16 teeth in by 14 months old - and almost all of those came in in pairs. She seems to be losing them about the same way!

Tooth 5 got bumped out on Saturday



Tooth 6 fell out this morning!


We've also had the flu bug floating around here for the past week. Emmy had it last Wednesday - Friday and last night Bria came down with it. So we've had lots of movie time and quiet rest at our house. And with the stinking cold weather, it's ok to be quiet and warm under a blanket right now. Really - it's just stinking cold!!! We woke up to 35 below this morning and the next 2 or 3 days promise to be just as cold, only the wind will be added to the mix again starting tomorrow I believe. It makes us very thankful for a warm house and vehicles that are running well in spite of the temperatures. So we'll just keep bundled up through the cold and the weather man said we might see 20 or (gasp!) maybe even the big 3-0 this weekend! Talk about tropical!


Well, I think I might try to sneak some rest in while Bria is settled down a bit and Emmy is at preschool. Two girls with the flu during the past week means not much sleep for Jon and me and I'm feeling it today!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Emmy! Tru hasn't lost ANY yet! And I hope you get feeling better, Bria. Kel - get some rest for me too! tab

Kelli said...

Thanks Tab!

Anonymous said...

So are you saying the big 3-0 is something to look forward to???
Tabbi

Kelli said...

as in temperature, yes. . . as in age. . . hey, that's ok too!

Luann said...

You look great Emmy...like a real hockey player!! Bria, get well fast---I hate the flu. I remember the big 3-0...vaguely. I know it was better that the bigger 5-0 with back surgery!!

Kelli said...

Hey - if I remember your big 3-0 - and you threw your back out that day taking the garbage out! :)

Luann said...

I think I've blocked that memory, and it still knowing I would have surgery in a few days. Can't complain about the end results though!!

Anonymous said...

I did not think Luann was 30 yet? Must be that I can't count my leap years correctly. Barb Holthe

Get well Bria!!!

Luann said...

You're right, Barb, I'm only 13. Even I forget that sometimes...thanks for the reminder!!