Thursday, November 6, 2008

Blurb

I am not sure if I have mentioned this great website before or not. . . but in case I haven't, I'm going to give them a plug. Blurb.com is a great place to create photo books. I know a lot of you enjoy taking pictures like I do, and my sister, Tabbi, found this website and passed it on to me. I promised her I would always give her full credit for finding this site - so here is your credit, Tabbi!


If you enjoy scrapbooking, putting together photo albums, creating photo projects to memoralize a fun event like a wedding, baby's first year, a birthday party, vacation, etc. . . . check out Blurb. I have made several books now and it is an easy, affordable way to keep all those great pictures you take. I put together a book that shows our life in 2007, another one for our vacation to the Black Hills this summer, and I'm working on some gift books for Christmas for those "hard to buy for or the person who already has everything" family members. I also put together a book of Bria's life where my scrapbooking days left off - age 15 months through her 7th birthday. She can't wait for me to start working on another one for her and Emmy is anxiously awaiting the book of her life. This winter I may even work on putting together a book piecing together some very old family photos and incorporating the photos in with some family history if I can come up with enough material to create a keepsake booklet of my family. I'm also in the middle of creating a recipe book filled with all of the recipes we enjoy and hope to print one out for myself as well as a couple for the girls to have. They're very excited about the recipe book and I'm able to put photos in of the food we have made as well as the girls helping prepare it.


I've used several different photo sites to create smaller gift photo books, and Blurb, in my opinion, is by far the best overall afordable, quality book option.


So, if you are needing a creative gift option for someone in your family or trying to pull together your pictures from your digital camera for the year and looking at what it might cost to print them all out and put them into albums, I'd think about looking at Blurb. There are so many great layout options and design options, that you have endless possibilities in creating a keepsake. Happy Blurbing!!!

Thank you for the great find, Tabbi!

4 comments:

Luann said...

Blurb is great---thanks for the discovery, Tabbi, and for the technical help, Kelli.

Bobbi and Kat said...

That looks WAY fun! I need more hours in my day!!! :)

Kelli said...

It is fun and it's actually pretty quick and easy once you get the hang of it. I sat down during naptime the past two days and put together a 120-page gift book - it should be pretty cool!

Luann said...

By the way, LOVE THE HANGMAN...way too addictive!!!