Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Girls vs. Boys: God's Design


By the end of October I will have officially been doing daycare for 8 years. That's just crazy to think about! But in that time I've worked with quite a few kids. And I have come to a very solid conclusion. . . . Boys and Girls are DIFFERENT! Ok - not such a big revelation, but they are SO very different in the way God designed them. All of these observations are generalizations - obviously each child varies from each other child. From very early on the girls seem to be more emotional and tempermental than boys and boys are so much more physical and rough and tumble than girls. If they are upset, boys get over it quickly, girls tend to hold on to it longer. If they are in trouble, boys are usually in trouble for some physical action and girls more likely to be for verbal or attitude.

I started thinking about differences this morning when a friend walked by with her male pug puppy. I brought Wrigley out so they could interact. Wrigley is bigger than the pug and she has no problem wrestling and attacking Bailey, but this little pug scared her! She climbed up in my lap a quivering mass of furball . . . and shook the entire time he was here. She is more quiet and laid back. . . he was a wiggling, run around, ball of cute crazy! It just was such a picture of how different God made us all. That's a good thing.

It's just the way God created us . . . . we are different. And that's great! The world would be a really scary place if everyone were as emotional as me! Or if we all were great at numbers, logistics, maps, calculations. . . . who would be good at reading, interpreting, catching nuances of situations. . . . It's good to be different - everyone is - and it's good to delight in your own unique quirks. Take me for example, I have a knack for spitting milk out my nose in the presence of my family. . . it's quite a talent! Why not celebrate it! :)


I thought I'd add a picture of my favorite 2 girls and favorite 2 boys!

4 comments:

Luann said...

Excellent stuff--and we in your family really appreciate and celebrate the whole milk out of the nose thing!!!! I must agree on the favorite boys and girls no matter how different they are! Loved your leaves project too...very fun

Anonymous said...

Sweet. Milk out the nose. I can't wait for Christmas...
Tabbi

Anonymous said...

So, what you're saying is that girls are better and smarter than boys! It's obvious when you look at me and Jon! =)

Kelli said...

Emmy says this is her "Bindi the Jungle Girl" look. . . .