Monday, September 29, 2008

Bagpipe Player

Saturday afternoon we headed over to the park for awhile so the girls could play and we all had the chance to meet a guy who was there to play the bagpipe for an eldercare unit across the street. He was busy warming up so my absolutely-not-shy girls bombarded him with questions and comments. He was a gracious man who enjoyed explaining how the bagpipe worked to them and quizzing them on the names of the different pieces and it was just a great time. Then he gave them a little show while he was warming up. It was a lot of fun and the girls thought it was the highlight of the park by far!
They learned which piece is the bag, the chanter, the blowpipe and the drones. . .

5 comments:

Bobbi and Kat said...

How Cool! I love listening to bagpipes! I know nothing about them though, so I would have enjoyed listening to that guy too.
I LOVE fall too Kelli! I can't wait to go get pumpkins! The stickers are way cute. Good job girls! :)

Luann said...

How cute that they got to talk to him!! I'm sure Bria will be able to get us up to speed on all bagpipe info!! Hi Bria and Emmy!!!

Luann said...

Love the new look on your blog and on your hair...:)

Anonymous said...

Wow what an experience! Grandma Holthe

Anonymous said...

Can anyone say "River Dance"? =)