Saturday, September 19, 2009

Emmy's 1st Soccer Game

Today was the day - Spiders vs. Termites. (we're the spiders). I think Emmy had fun. Last night she told me, "I don't think soccer is my talent." BUt she was still excited for her game today. I'm starting to think that maybe football could be her talent. She decided to make soccer a little more physical than some of the other players: she balled up her fists and just plowed into people, grabbed them by their jerseys and pulled them to the ground and perfected falling to the ground while taking out as many other players as possible. Maybe we should go over the rules of soccer before her next game! The game was a lot longer than I thought it would be too - they played for an hour and she didn't sit out at all during the entire second half. I had one tired 5-year old on my hands at the end of the game!




4 comments:

Luann said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! At least for Emmy...maybe not so much for the kids she takes down!!

Anonymous said...

TNT would be proud!

Serena said...

There's a women's professional football league starting up...maybe that's Emmy's calling. =)

Kelli said...

I did feel it was necessary to have a talk about all this "unnecessary roughness".... so we'll see how the game goes on Saturday!