Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back to School


Well, the girls are busy at school already and I've gotten all the tears out of my system for the morning at least. They were so excited this morning to get going! When it was time to walk, Emmy didn't want me to even come with: I had to talk her into it! We walked over with our neighbor who helps out in different rooms at the school and got Emmy to her class first.

Hopefully the Kindergarten Camp trial run goes well for her and the other kids. Today, Thursday and Friday they are going to just be getting kids used to the different rooms in the school and all the kindergarten teachers. Then by the time they go home on Friday they will be assigned to their actual teacher for the year. The theory is that they will get better fits for kids and teachers and it's a good theory, but it's hard to explain to kindergarteners why they don't get to bring their school supplies until Monday and this is the teacher and room they will be in for the first 3 days but then next week they'll be with their actual teacher and their actual classmates. And Monday we'll have to drop her off at school again with all her supplies and meet her teacher, etc. So, it's kind of not a good idea either. We'll see - if Emmy ends up with a good fit for a teacher then it will have been worth it!

Then I took Bria to her room and she said I couldn't take any pictures. I still got a couple though. Oh my goodness - it was definitely 3rd grade! We had to wait for the bell to ring before everyone could go in and everyone had come early so there were little clumps of girls and clumps of boys scattered around everywhere - girls pointing at boys and boys counting at girls and a mortified daughter of mine because I actually commented on a conversation she was having with her friend, Lauren. Ok... we've hit the point where it's definitely no longer cool for mom to be around. (even though I was cool enough to be with this weekend when we had our girls' afternoon out shopping trip.....) So, I got Bria dropped off sitting in a clump of desks with 5 of her friends: Lauren, Paige, Taylor, Danika and Camryn. I have a feeling that group probably won't be sitting in the same group for too long - chatty girls! :)

Well, everyone is where they are supposed to be and Bailey is pouting in her kennel right now I think - she never liked it when Bria would go to school and now with both of them gone, she is one sad puppy this morning. she likes to sit with the girls on the steps in the morning while they are getting their shoes, coats, backpacks and soon gloves, mittens and snow pants on. Sometimes she even sits in front of the front door blocking them from opening it. She definitely loves her girls!

I'm sure there will be many tales to tell after school this afternoon. I'll keep busy during the day - it's not like I have an empty house here - I've got 5 daycare kiddos still running around to take care of, and after school it will be Bria, Emmy and 2 more "big" kids here as well.

Bailey and Bria before school. I think Bria will miss Bailey more than she will miss me!

1st day of school, 2009-2010
Jon and his girls

Sweet backpacks - Go Hawkeyes!

Walking to school

Emmy waiting for the day to start in Mrs. Bina's classroom. She's in the green group for kindergarten camp.
More kids waiting for camp to start.
Bria and Lauren
Guinea pigs in Bria's room - she has Mrs. G. (Colette Gierszewski)

1 comment:

Luann said...

Awesome! Thanks for the pictures, the girls look fabulous!