Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Family Pictures

I thought it would be fun to post a few favorite photos. Since Easter I've scanned in a large collection of photos I borrowed from my Grandma Wiuff. It has been a lot of fun to go through them all and I've been able to put together a couple of photo books as a result. The first book is full of pictures that my Grandpa Wiuff took in England and France during WWII - pretty amazing to look through all those photos and see the world at that time through my Grandpa's eyes. We were watching the movie "French Kiss" this weekend and it was fun to see actual places in Paris as background for the movie - and those were the exact same places my Grandpa saw and photographed back in 1944 and 1945.

The second book I've just finished up tells a photo story of my Grandpa and Grandma Wiuff's life.... their parents, grandparents and families, snapshots of their life together, their kids and on down to their grandkids. It was a lot of fun to look through and try to put together. I had a lot of close and extended family input for the book so hopefully most pictures are labeled with the correct names now!
Anyway..... that's been my project for April. Here are a few of my favorite pictures! (above) - My Grandpa Wiuff, Palmer, on his motorcycle
(below) - my grandparents goofing around
My Great Grandma (Frances) Wiuff with her father
Family photo - about 1980
my grandparents on their 50th wedding anniversary
1980 - making homemade apple cider out on the farm
my grandma
my grandpa
This is the room where the Germans surrendered during WWII
The Eiffel Tower
My grandpa (on the left) and another soldier
My Great Grandpa, Rev. Albert Wiuff, at the Gulf of Mexico

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet - thanks for finally blogging again. about time... :0)
tm

Kelli said...

I'll even try to accomplish it again tomorrow!

Luann said...

grandpa's beach attire still makes me laugh