Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Snowy Owl

I have a super-sweet hubby! During the night last night he was up investigating a loud noise and before heading back to bed he looked outside. He got to see a new visitor to our deck: a big, beautiful snowy owl! We regularly get all kinds of birds, squirrels and even a rabbit (since the snow pile is all the way up the tree to our squirrel feeder. I even saw a hawk sitting out on the deck one day, but I wasn't fast enough to get a picture.
But Jon was able to watch the owl for a long time last night and get several pictures.... that's where the "super-sweet hubby" part comes in! He knew how much I would have wanted to get a picture of that owl sitting out there so he found the camera and took a bunch of pictures for me and showed them to me as soon as he got up this morning. See, super-sweet! :)

Anyway... here is our new friend, the snowy owl!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool! Way to go Jon!
tm

Luann said...

That is very cool! I'm not sure if your dad would shoot with a camera or a gun....

Serena said...

I've never seen an owl up that close.

Our4Monkeys said...

Wow!!! That is so neat!