Saturday, June 20, 2009

I love my family!!

In case you haven't noticed before in my blog, I'm quite smitten with my family. I have these two amazing girls. It seems like every time I can sit and just observe for a minute I notice something new or different or changed about them. They have grown so fast and changed so much and it's so very good. Sometimes scary, but so good. I see similarities in them and differences and how they are so alike Jon or I, yet so completely their own people. Is every moment perfect and well-behaved and obedient...... uh..no..... but in even in those not perfect moments I can see them learning and growing and expressing who they are.

It's easy for me to rush through the day sometimes - looking at the clock and thinking about who needs what in the upcoming half hour or hour or minute - with my own kids and with the daycare crew. But what I like most is when I can put aside the rest of the day or the week and just get lost in the moment - I need to do that more.

And I probably shouldn't even get started on Jon! Growing up what I wanted more than anything was to be married and be a mom. Along the way I came to realize the difference between dreams and reality - and reality is so much BETTER than what I had dreamed of! I always had an idea of the kind of man I wanted to marry and God filled in the rest in an even better way then I could dream of! I feel like one of the truly blessed people in this world to have been given the gift of a man who is a perfect fit for me in every way. I could go on and on, but I'm sure you all are rolling your eyes by now anyway! :)

I just am very very thankful for whom I have been blessed with. God knew better than I did who would be perfect in my life - a husband who completes me and makes me better than I could be without him. And two beautiful daughters who love me, grow me up and challenge me in ways I never even imagined.

Thank you, God!

1 comment:

Luann said...

You guys are a great match and we love you all!