Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Double Whammy

Wow. . . . . this flu virus is really really really not my friend. Last week Bria came down with what we are pretty sure was H1N1. After 5 days of fever she started feeling better and headed to school Monday with nothing more than a cough. But Monday night it came back with a powerful punch: worse cough, worse body aches and the fever came back. I took her in this morning and we had xrays done. The doctor's office just called to confirm that she has pneumonia. So we've got her on antibiotics, an inhaler and tamiflu just to cover all the bases. We'll be keeping a real close eye on her and make sure she doesn't get any worse.
So this whole flu bug - NOT FUN. And the second half of it hit harder and faster than the first half. I hate seeing my girl so miserable, but hopefully with some medicine, lots of rest and lots of fluids she will be back to her normal perky self by next week.
To all my daycare families.... so sorry for all the closings the past 2 weeks. I know this is his hard on you guys too. It looks like we're in for a long flu season and hopefully we can all just find ways to make it work out for everyone. I want to be open on Friday, but I'll keep everyone posted on whether or not that will be possible. We have to be careful to not let Bria get exposed to anything else at all right now while her body is fighting to get well.

From the flu trenches.....

3 comments:

Luann said...

Get well, Bria...and watch the mail!

Anonymous said...

Get well soon Bria! And get some sleep Kelli! :-) Tabbi

Bobbi and Kat said...

Ugh! I'm so sorry. We're in that same trench. :( This flu bug is bad! I hope Bria is feeling better soon and you all can get the rest you need. I had it last week and I'm not a very good "rester." ;)