Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thumbprint Art


Thanks to another great suggestion from Noni, this morning the kids and I worked on some thumbprint art. Emmy and Talasia really got into creating some fun animals and characters. Reed, Rylee and Camryn enjoyed making the thumbprints most of all. There were several resources I used as a jumpstart for ideas, even though I didn't actually have any of the books! Just seeing the covers gave the kids enough ideas to get started. One website I found was Thumb Print Zoo. A website called Burning Daylight also lists some fun books and resources if you want to look into thumbprint art some more. I hope to check out some of these books from the library to use in the future.
Emmy's creations

Talasia's drawing of Plankton

3 comments:

Luann said...

Very cute...I say that a lot on your blog!! Great job, Emmy! Kelli, was yours the hula girl? NICE!!

Angela Kim said...

What a great idea. It looks like you are so amazing with your daycare kids, and your daughters. I try to imagine you with all those kids when I start to lose my patience with only 2. :) What a fun idea--I will certainly try it. Noni has all sorts of great ideas!!

Kelli said...

Thanks! (and yes, i drew the hula skirt girl.. again, a Noni idea! I don't want to take credit where credit isn't due!)
Have fun Angela! I'm excited to see what the afterschool crew thinks of the idea...